We in LURC will provide an arrival service for you, picking you up at the airport, train station or bus station, free of charge. To be able to pick you all up we need to know your date of arrival in advance. Please use the arrival form to send us your arrival details and please send them in before the 15th of December for the spring semester.
If you do not receive any reminder email from us, it means we got your arrival details. Everybody arriving during the arrival week will be picked up at the airport, the train station or the bus station, whenever you arrive!
If you arrive by plane we will be waiting for you next to where you pick up your luggage. Please come over and say hi while you are waiting for your bags!
If you arrive by train we will be waiting for you on the platform.
If you arrive by bus we will be waiting for you at the bus station.
At your arrival, we will be holding a sign saying "LURC" with our logo on it.
After you got your bags we will drive you to LTU.
At LTU you will sign your housing agreement, get your keys and lots and lots of information. Don't be afraid if you can't remember everything we say, all the important stuff you will also find in the papers we give you!
If you have arranged different housing on your own we will give you instructions on how to go there by bus, if there is time we will drive you. We will only drive to addresses within the city of Luleå. If you are going elsewhere we will help you to the bus station.
Problems that can turn up and what to do
- Your bags get delayed or lost: We will help you take care of it at the airport. If they are delayed they usually arrive with the next flight and are sent to you by taxi. We will give them your new address in Luleå. If this happens earlier and you don't have a working number you can give them mine +46 70 059 8369. If necessary you can also give them the address to the university. Here it is:
c/o International Office
Lulea University of Technology
SE-971 87 Lulea
Remember that you need to pick up your bags at Stockholm Arlanda Airport and check them in again. Only if you fly Scandinavian Airlines (SAS) or Norwegian and have luggage that was already checked through to Luleå don't you need to pick up your luggage. A lot of other airlines promise your luggage will get checked through to Luleå but this is not correct. At Stockholm Arlanda Airport everybody has to pick up their bags and check them in again unless you fly with same airline all the way. THIS IS SUPER IMPORTANT. If you forget, your bags will only arrive with a later flight and you will have to pick them up yourself at the airport!
- There is no one to meet you at airport, train station or bus station: Wait until you have received your bags and then a few more minutes. There are a lot of students arriving every day so sometimes we get a little late. If still no one has showed up you should call me. If you don't have a mobile with you find a pay-phone, wi-fi or ask the airport staff for help. So if you have not already, write my number down now! +46 70 059 8369
- Your flight gets delayed: Send me a text message! The airport is a boring place without people and we read all the welcome brochures last year. A call or email will do too.
- The LURC person is talking too fast: Tell him/her to slow down
- You have a question: Interrupt us anytime and ask!